The /ban command is used to ban someone from a specific channel using their address. If no channel specified mIRC will use the active channel window. Using the -k switch mIRC will also kick the user with a kick message. mIRC uses the /userhost server command to find the user's address before applying a ban.
/ban [-ruN] [#channel] <nickname|address> [type] /ban -k[ruN] [#channel] <nickname|address> [type] [kick message]
- -k - Bans and kicks the user
- -r - Used to remove a banned address
- -uN - Unsets the ban in N amount of seconds
- [#channel] - A specific channel to apply the ban on.
- <nickname|address> - The nick or address to use for the ban.
- [type] - The address type to use for the ban.
- [kick message] - The optionnal kick message.
;Ban Foo's address (type 2) in the active channel window /ban Foo 2 ;Ban/Kick Mike202 from the active channel with a kick message of "Owned!" ;Unset ban after 60 seconds /ban -ku60 Mike202 Owned! ;Ban/kick Dave3 from #FooBar with a kick message of "Cya!" ;ban type 2 /ban -k #FooBar Dave3 2 Cya!
Added: mIRC v2.1a
Added on: 28 Feb 1995
Note: Unless otherwise stated, this was the date of original functionality.
Further enhancements may have been made in later versions.