Auto-OP is a feature that can be used to manage access for a channel. Whenever a user whose address matches an address in the auto-op list joins the channel, mIRC will automatically OP them.
The AOP command can also be used to disable or enable this feature as well as add and remove users from and to the list.
/aop -rw <nick/address> [#channel1,#channel2,...] [type] [network] /aop <on/off>
- -r - Indicates address/nick to should be removed
- -w - Auto-OP apply to any network
- <on/off> - Turns the auto-op feature on/off.
- <nick/address> - The nickname or address of the person to be added to the auto-op list. Both nickname and addresses are acceptable. Addresses can be wildcard addresses.
- [#channel1,#channel2,...] - Channels to apply the auto-op to.
- [type] - Address type to be used.
- [network] - Optional network name to apply the auto-op to.
;Turn on auto op /aop on ;Add Madgoat to the auto-op list. Address type 2, network Undernet /aop MadGoat 2 Undernet ;Remove Madgoat from the auto-op list /aop -r MadGoat 2 Undernet ;Turn off auto op /aop off
The above example will output:
* Auto-Op is on - * Added *!*@Example.com to auto-op list - * Removed *!*@Example.com from auto-op list - * Auto-Op is off
Added: mIRC v5.9
Added on: 26 Apr 2001
Note: Unless otherwise stated, this was the date of original functionality.
Further enhancements may have been made in later versions.