m (bot: sort-key added to category)
Revision as of 23:29, 12 August 2014
Template:mIRC menu Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) is a form of communication between two applications on a windows machine. The /dde command can be used to create a dde connection with a dde server. When the topic parameter is required, you can use empty quotes ("") to indicate a blank topic.
The dde command support three different types of transactions:
- XTYP_POKE - Used by default, sends unsolicited data to the server.
- XTYP_REQUEST - Used to request data from a server.
- XTYP_EXECUTE - Used to send a command string to the server.
The only time the [data] parameter is required is when the XTYP_POKE transaction type is used.
/dde [-re] <service> <topic> <item> [data]
- -r - uses XTYP_REQUEST transaction
- -e - uses XTYP_EXECUTE transaction
- <service> - DDE Server service name
- <topic> - DDE Topic
- <item> - DDE Item
- [data] - Data to be sent
;Open a new tab in opera, navigate to www.zigwap.com/mirc/ /dde -e Opera WWW_OpenURL "www.zigwap.com/mirc/"
Added: mIRC v3.9
Added on: 28 Dec 1995
Note: Unless otherwise stated, this was the date of original functionality.
Further enhancements may have been made in later versions.