|Introduction||September 10, 2009 (launched)|
|Type||Organic Micro Pin Grid Array|
|Dimension||35.0 mm × 35.0 mm|
Socket S1g3 was the third socket for OPGA-638-packaged AMD mobile microprocessors with an integrated DDR2 memory controller, and the successor to Socket S1g2. Its counterpart for desktop processors is Socket AM2+, for servers Socket C32 and Socket G34. For the small form factor desktop, ultrathin mobile and embedded market AMD developed package ASB2. Socket S1g3 was superseded by Socket S1g4.
Socket S1g3 was used in AMD's "Tigris" mobile platform. All processors for Socket S1g3, codename "Caspian", are members of AMD's Family 10h with CPU cores based on the K10 microarchitecture.
All revisions of Socket S1 have the same dimensions, however processors for Socket S1g3 appear to be electrically incompatible with Socket S1g1. Socket S1g3 and S1g2 have the same pinout, if processors for these sockets are exchangeable is unclear. Socket S1g3 processors will not work in Socket S1g4 systems, which use DDR3 memory, but S1g4 processors which support both DDR2 and DDR3 memory may be compatible with Socket S1g3 if the BIOS recognizes the CPU.
- 638-pin lidless micro pin grid array package, 1.27 mm pitch, 26 × 26 pins, 35 × 35 mm, organic substrate, C4 (flip chip) die attachment
- 16 bit HyperTransport 3.0 interface up to 1800 MHz, 3600 MT/s, 7.2 GB/s in each direction
- 2 × 64 bit DDR2 SDRAM interface up to 400 MHz, PC2-6400 (DDR2-800), 12.8 GB/s
- Up to 2 SODIMMs, no ECC support
- JEDEC SSTL_1.8
- Power Management
- AMD PowerNow! technology
- ACPI C1, C1E, C2, C3, C5/Altvid, S1, S3, S4, S5
- Separate core and northbridge power planes
- Two northbrige P-states
- AMD 880M
- AMD SB820 southbridge
Processors using Socket S1g3
- AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile
- AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile
- AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Mobile
- AMD Sempron Mobile
|List of all Socket S1g3-based Processors|
No data available. Dimensions should be similar to those of the OPGA-638 package shown on the Socket S1g1 page.
Socket S1 limits as specified in AMD Publ. #31839. Depicted is Foxconn Interconnect Technology Part No. PZ6382A-284S-01F. All dimensions in millimeters.
- "Low-Profile Socket S1 Design Specification", AMD Publ. #31839, Rev. 3.01, April 10, 2007
- "BIOS and Kernel Developer’s Guide (BKDG) For AMD Family 10h Processors", AMD Publ. #31116, Rev. 3.62, January 14, 2013
- "Revision Guide for AMD Family 10h Processors", AMD Publ. #41322, Rev. 3.92, March 2012
- "AMD RS880M Databook Device Specification for the RS880M and RS880MC", AMD Publ. #46113, Rev. 1.30, 2010