|Introduction||June 2015 (launched)|
|Type||Organic Micro Ball Grid Array|
|Dimension||37 mm × 29 mm|
FP4 is a BGA-968 package for AMD mobile and embedded microprocessors with an integrated north bridge, graphics processor, and controller hub. Some of these SOCs are also available in the smaller FT3b and FT4 BGA packages and in PGA packages for Socket FM2+ and Socket AM4. FP4 is the successor to the FP3 package and was superseded by the FP5 package.
Processors in the FP4 package are members of AMD's Family 15h with CPU cores based on the Excavator microarchitecture, and Family 16h with Puma cores. All these processors are fabricated on a 28 nm SOI process.
- 968-pin lidless micro ball grid array package, 0.8-1.2 mm multi-pitch, 37 × 29 mm, organic substrate
- 2 × 64/72 bit DDR3 SDRAM interface up to 1067 MHz, PC3-17000 (DDR3-2133), 34.1 GB/s or
- 2 × 64/72 bit DDR4 SDRAM interface up to 1200 MHz, PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400), 38.4 GB/s
- Up to 2 SR/DR UDIMMs or SODIMMs, ECC supported
- JEDEC DDR3 1.5V, 1.35V, 1.25V; JEDEC DDR4 1.2V
- PCIe Gen 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 (8 GT/s)
- Configurable x8 external graphics card link (1x8, 2x4)
- Configurable x4 General Purpose Ports (1x4, 2x2, 1x2 + 2x1, 4x1)
- Two independent display controllers
- Three single link digital display interfaces
- DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 2.0b, eDP 1.4
- Integrated Controller Hub
- 4 × USB 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 (5 Gb/s)
- 4 × USB 1.1, 2.0
- 2 × SATA 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 (6 Gb/s)
- 2 × UART, 4 × I2C, SD 3.0 port, 2 × SMBus, LPC, SPI/eSPI, I2S/HDA, CIR, Serial IRQ, GPIO
Note some processor models support only a subset of these features.
Processors using package FP4
- AMD A-Series, codename "Carrizo", "Bristol Ridge", "Stoney Ridge"
- AMD A-Series and E-Series "Carrizo-L"
- AMD Embedded R-Series SOC "Merlin Falcon"
- AMD Embedded G-Series Family I "Brown Falcon"
- AMD Embedded G-Series Family J "Prairie Falcon"
|List of all FP4-based Processors|
Approximate dimensions of the Bristol Ridge package. All dimensions in millimeters.
FP4 package ball numbers.
- "BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide (BKDG) for AMD Family 15h Models 60h-6Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #50742, Rev. 3.05, May 25, 2016
- "BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide (BKDG) for AMD Family 15h Models 70h-7Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #55072, Rev. 3.09, July 3, 2018
- "BIOS and Kernel Developer’s Guide (BKDG) for AMD Family 16h Models 30h-3Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #52740, Rev. 3.06, March 18, 2016
- "Product Brief: AMD Embedded R-Series SOC", PID 1732197-B, 2020
- "Product Brief: 3rd Generation AMD Embedded G-Series SoC I Family", PID 168697-A, 2016
- "Product Brief: 3rd Generation AMD Embedded G-Series SoC J Family", PID 18124706-A, 2018
- "Revision Guide for AMD Family 15h Models 70h-7Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #55370, Rev. 3.00, July 12, 2016
- "Revision Guide for AMD Family 16h Models 30h-3Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #53072, Rev. 3.00, May 2, 2014
- "Hot Chips 27: Energy Efficient Graphics and Multimedia in 28nm Carrizo APU", August 2015