|Introduction||June 2016 (launched)|
|Type||Organic Micro Ball Grid Array|
|Dimension||24.5 mm × 24.5 mm|
FT4 is a BGA-769 package for low power AMD mobile microprocessors with an integrated north bridge, graphics processor, and controller hub. These SOCs are also available in the larger FP4 package. FT4 succeeded the FT3 and FT3b package and was superseded by the FT5 package.
All processors in the FT4 package, codename "Stoney Ridge", are members of AMD's Family 15h with CPU cores based on the Excavator microarchitecture, and are fabricated on a 28 nm SOI process.
The FT4 package has the same dimensions as the FT3 and FT3b package but is electrically incompatible with them.
- 769-pin lidless micro ball grid array package, 0.65-1.1 mm multi-pitch, 24.5 × 24.5 mm, organic substrate
- 64 bit DDR3 SDRAM interface up to 933 MHz, PC3-14900 (DDR3-1866), 14.9 GB/s or
- 64 bit DDR4 SDRAM interface up to 1200 MHz, PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400), 19.2 GB/s
- Up to 2 SR/DR UDIMMs or SODIMMs, no ECC support
- JEDEC DDR3 1.5V, 1.35V, 1.25V; JEDEC DDR4 1.2V
- PCIe Gen 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 (8 GT/s)
- Configurable x8 General Purpose Ports (x4, x2, x1, up to 5 ports total)
- Two independent display controllers
- Three single link digital display interfaces
- Integrated Controller Hub
- 3 × USB 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 (5 Gb/s)
- 5 × USB 1.1, 2.0
- 2 × SATA 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 (6 Gb/s)
- SD/SDIO 3.0, 2 × UART, 4 × I2C, 2 × SMBus, LPC, SPI/eSPI, Serial IRQ, I2S/HDA, CIR, GPIO
Processors using package FT4
|List of all FT4-based Processors|
Approximate dimensions of the Stoney Ridge package, Part No. 31989. All dimensions in millimeters.
FT4 package ball numbers.
- "BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide (BKDG) for AMD Family 15h Models 70h-7Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #55072, Rev. 3.09, July 3, 2018
- "Revision Guide for AMD Family 15h Models 70h-7Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #55370, Rev. 3.00, July 12, 2016