|Introduction||July 31, 2014 (launched)|
|Type||Organic Micro Pin Grid Array|
|Dimension||40.0 mm × 40.0 mm|
Socket FM2+, also known as FM2b and FM2r2, is the socket for OPGA-906-packaged AMD desktop microprocessors with integrated graphics. Mobile and embedded versions of these APUs are available in the FP3 and FP4 package. Socket FM2+ is the successor to Socket FM2 and was superseded by Socket AM4.
All processors for Socket FM2+, codename "Kaveri", "Godavari", and "Carrizo", are members of AMD's Family 15h with CPU cores based on the Steamroller and Excavator microarchitecture, and are fabricated on a 28 nm SOI process.
Socket FM2+ has the same dimensions as Socket FM1 and FM2, and processors in the OPGA-904 package for Socket FM2 are supposedly compatible with Socket FM2+. Processors for Socket FM1 are mechanically, by omitting different key pins, and presumably electrically incompatible with Socket FM2+ and vice versa. The addition of two pins on the OPGA-906 package likewise prevents the insertion of Socket FM2+ processors into Socket FM2.
- 906-pin lidded micro pin grid array package, 1.27 mm pitch, 31 × 31 pins, 40 × 40 mm, organic substrate
- 2 × 64 bit DDR3 SDRAM interface up to 1067 MHz, PC3-17000 (DDR3-2133), 34.1 GB/s
- Up to 2 SR/DR UDIMMs or SODIMMs (1 per channel), no ECC support
- JEDEC 1.5V, 1.35V, 1.25V
- PCIe Gen 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
- Models 30h-3Fh: Configurable x16 external graphics card (GFX) link (x16, x8, x4, up to 2 ports, DDI)
- Models 60h-6Fh: Configurable x8 external graphics card link (1x8, 2x4), GFX lanes 15:8 n/a
- PCIe Gen 1.0 and 2.0
- Configurable x4 General Purpose Ports (1x4, 2x2, 1x2 + 2x1, 4x1)
- x4 Unified Media Interface to FCH
- Four (models 60h-6Fh: two) independent display controllers
- Three Digital Display Interfaces
- Models 30h-3Fh: Three more DDIs multiplexed with 1x4 (dual link DVI 1x8) GFX lanes or 1x4 UMI lanes each
- DisplayPort 1.2 up to 4096 × 2160 at 30 Hz and 30 bpp
- Single/dual link DVI up to 2560 × 1600 at 60 Hz and 24 bpp
- DVI/HDMI up to 1.4a, HDCP, eDP, DP++, 3D video, DP audio, Aux Channel
- Power Management
- AMD PowerNow! technology
- ACPI P-states, processor power states C0, C1, CC6, PC6, sleep states S0, S3, S4, S5
- PCIe power gating
- PCIe speed power policy
- AMD Turbo CORE technology with per core power gating
- Thermal Controls
- Sideband temperature control
- Hardware thermal control
- DRAM thermal protection
- AMD FCH A45/A55/A75/A85X, codename "Hudson-D1/D2/D3/D4"
- AMD FCH A58/A68H/A78/A88X, codename "Bolton-D2/D2H/D3/D4"
Processors using Socket FM2+
- AMD A-Series APU
- AMD Athlon X4, X2
- AMD Sempron X2
|List of all Socket FM2+-based Processors|
OPGA-906 package (UOF 906). All dimensions in millimeters.
Socket FMx Keying
Socket FM2+ limits as specified in AMD Publ. #52237. Depicted is Foxconn Interconnect Technology Part No. PZ90627-2M66-01H. All dimensions in millimeters.
No data available.
- "Socket FM2b Design Specification", AMD Publ. #52237, Rev. 3.00, April 24, 2014
- "Family 15h Models 30h-3Fh AMD A-Series Accelerated Processor Product Data Sheet", AMD Publ. #51590, Rev. 3.00, January 14, 2014
- "BIOS and Kernel Developer’s Guide (BKDG) for AMD Family 15h Models 30h-3Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #49125, Rev. 3.06, February 12, 2015
- "BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide (BKDG) for AMD Family 15h Models 60h-6Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #50742, Rev. 3.05, May 25, 2016
- "Revision Guide for AMD Family 15h Models 30h-3Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #51603, Rev. 1.06, April 21, 2014