|Unix Time||1514764800 - 1546300799|
- January 3: A new series of side-channel attacks were disclosed which had industry-wide implications (Meltdown and Spectre).
- January 3: Samsung announces their next flagship microprocessor, the Exynos 9810
- January 7-12: CES 2018
- January 10: SPEC CPU2006 has been retired.
- January 24: Imagination Technologies launches the PowerVR Series8XT GT8540, a new high-performance GPU based on Furian.
- February 5: Ampere Computing announces their first ARM processor, the A1.
- February 7: Intel launches Xeon D processors based on the Skylake microarchitecture (formerly Skylake DE)
- February 11-15: ISSCC 2018
- February 12: AMD launched Ryzen desktop APUs based on Zen and Vega
- February 13: ARM announces two new neural processors IPs - the ML processor for inference processing and the OD processor for real-time object detection.
- February 21: AMD launches EPYC Embedded processors (formerly Snowy Owl) and Ryzen Embedded (formerly Great Horned Owl)
- February 26: Intel started shipping its Stratix 10 TX FPGAs with up to 58 Gbps PAM4 transmission capabilities.
- February 26: GreenWaves launches their first product, the GAP8, an ultra-low power RISC-V microprocessor for intelligence IoT
- February 27: Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 700 family intended to bridge the gap between the 600 and 800 series by offering a mix of premium features and mid-range pricing.
- March 4: Microchip announced it will acquire Microsemi for $8.35 billion.
- March 6: Google announces Bristlecone, a 72 qubits chip
- March 24: John Hennessy and David Patterson receive 2017 ACM A.M. Turing Award for pioneering a systematic, quantitative approach to the design and evaluation of computer architectures with enduring impact on the microprocessor industry.
- March 27: GPU Technology Conference
- April 19: AMD launches Ryzen 2nd generation based on the Zen+ microarchitecture.
- May 1: MIPS Technologies launches the nanoMIPS ISA
- May 1: MIPS launches the I7200 based on the nanoMIPS ISA
- May 2: ARM launches a new Cortex-M35P secure core
- May 3: Cambricon launches new neural processors for data center
- May 8: Google announces the TPU 3.0
- May 15: Intel launches Cannon Lake