|Myriad 1 MA1102|
|ISA||SPARC V8 (SPARC), SHAVE (SHAVE)|
|Microarchitecture||LEON3, SHAVE v2.0|
|Word Size||32 bit|
Myriad 1 MA1102 was a vision processing accelerator designed by Movidius and introduced in 2010 designed to serve as an advanced real-time video editing accelerator for smartphones. The MA1102 is an identical variant of the MA1101 but had added high-quality imaging and source effects, including support for the Dolby and DTS standards.
The MA1102 is a vision accelerator designed to work alongside a main host processors, typically in a mobile or embedded device. The chip itself independently communicates with the camera input and does the processing internally.
The MA1102 consists of a single SPARC V8 LEON3 core which is used for management and control and eight SHAVE v2.0 core which are the workhorse of this chip. Each core has 128 KiB of cache. The eight SHAVE cores together are capable of 20GFLOPS of processing power at just a few 100s milliwatt of power.
- Up to WVGA H.264 Capture @ 30fps
- Video Stabilization to Reduce Camcorder Shake
- Auto White Balance, Color Balance
- Low Light Compensation
- HD Video Playback
- Up to WVGA H.264 Video Playback @ 30fps
- Quality Multi-frame Upscaling to WVGA, VGA, 720p
- High Quality Downscaling to WVGA, VGA, QVGA
- Video Noise Removal – De-Noise, De-Flicker
- Up to HD 720p Video Output to External HDMI Driver Chip
- Video Enhancements
- High quality upsscaling to WVGA and 720p
- High quality downscaling to WVGA
- Frame rate enhancement from 15fps to 30fps
- High Resolution Camera Capture
- 12MP Still Image Capture
- 12MP Continuous Capture @ 5fps (JPEG encoding)
- Image Stabilization Reduces Camera Shake
- Auto White Balance, Color Balance, Light Balance
- Sharpness Enhancement
- Image Effects
- Movidius lists the following image effects:
- (Auto) White Balance, Brightness, Contrast, Auto Tone, Saturation, Sharpness, Light Balance, De-Noise Crop, Rotate, Pan, Merge, Object Overlay, Saturation, High Res. Digital Zoom, Color Themes, Sepia, Tint
- Fun Suite: LOMO, Cartoon, Antique Movie
- Video Effects
- High Res Zoom to any Non Center Location, High Quality Slow Motion, Light Balance
- Color Effects: Sepia, Greyscale, Negative, Edges, XRay, Color Themes, etc.
- White Balance, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, etc.
- Clip Add/Trim/Add Effect, Video Transitions, Image/Text Overlay, etc.
- Creative Suite: Newspaper, Cartoon, etc.
- Host Memory Bus (master and slave): 8-bit / 16-bit / 32-bit
- Video Output Formats:
- 8-24 bit RGB, CPU (Intel/Motorola), BT656 ...
- 24bpp, 16M colors, resolutions up to 2048x2048
- Video support for 4 layers of video and graphics
- External TV Support
- Video Output to External HDMI Driver Chip
- Multiple I2S (Master/Slave) stereo audio channels
- Independent sampling frequencies
- Standard interfaces
- I2C, UART, SDIO, SPI
- Configurable bidirectional GPIO lanes
|base frequency||180 MHz (0.18 GHz, 180,000 kHz) +|
|core count||9 +|
|core voltage||1.2 V (12 dV, 120 cV, 1,200 mV) +|
|first announced||2009 +|
|first launched||2010 +|
|full page name||movidius/myriad/ma1102 +|
|instance of||microprocessor +|
|io voltage||2.5 V (25 dV, 250 cV, 2,500 mV) +|
|isa||SPARC V8 + and SHAVE +|
|isa family||SPARC + and SHAVE +|
|market segment||Embedded + and Mobile +|
|microarchitecture||LEON3 + and SHAVE v2.0 +|
|model number||MA1102 +|
|name||Myriad 1 MA1102 +|
|process||65 nm (0.065 μm, 6.5e-5 mm) +|
|thread count||9 +|
|word size||32 bit (4 octets, 8 nibbles) +|