|Introduction||May 15, 2012 (launched)|
|Type||Organic Micro Pin Grid Array|
|Dimension||35.00 mm × 35.00 mm|
Socket FS1r2, not to be confused with Socket FS1b, was the socket for OPGA-722-packaged AMD mobile microprocessors with integrated graphics, the successor to Socket FS1. For thin clients, notebooks, and tablets AMD developed the FP2 BGA package, for desktop processors Socket FM2. Socket FS1r2 was the last socket for mobile platforms, newer AMD mobile processors are only available in a BGA package.
Socket FS1r2 was used in AMD's "Comal" mobile platform. All processors for Socket FS1r2, codename "Trinity" and "Richland", are members of AMD's Family 15h with CPU cores based on the Piledriver microarchitecture, and were fabricated on a 32 nm SOI process.
Socket FS1r2 has the same dimensions as Socket FS1. Electrically however, processors for Socket FS1r2 are incompatible with Socket FS1 and vice versa.
- 722-pin lidless micro pin grid array package, 1.2192 mm (0.048") pitch, 28 × 28 pins, 35 × 35 mm, organic substrate
- 2 × 64 bit DDR3 SDRAM interface up to 933 MHz, PC3-14900 (DDR3-1866), 29.9 GB/s
- Up to 2 SR UDIMMs or SODIMMs (1 per channel), no ECC support
- JEDEC 1.5V, 1.35V, 1.25V
- AMD Memory Controller PowerCap
- PCIe Gen 1.0 and 2.0 (5 GT/s)
- Configurable x8 or x16 external graphics card (GFX) link
- Configurable x4 General Purpose Ports
- x4 Unified Media Interface to FCH
- Four independent display controllers
- Six Digital Display Interfaces
- 3 × single link
- 3 × multiplexed, presumably each with 1x4 (dual link DVI 1x8) GFX lanes or 1x4 UMI lanes
- DisplayPort 1.2 up to 4096 × 2160 at 30 Hz and 30 bpp, eDP, DP++, DP audio, HDCP
- Single/dual link DVI 1.4a up to 2560 × 1600 at 60 Hz and 24 bpp, HDCP
- HDMI 1.4a up to 1920 × 1200 at 60 Hz and 24 bpp, 3D Video, HDCP
- VGA via FCH DP DAC
- Six Digital Display Interfaces
- Power Management
- AMD AllDay power technology
- ACPI P-states, processor power states C0, C1, C1E, C6, CC6, sleep states S0, S3, S4, S5
- PCIe core power gating
- PCIe speed power policy
- AMD Turbo CORE technology 3.0 with per core power gating
- Thermal Controls
- Sideband temperature control (SB-TSI)
- Hardware thermal control (HTC)
- Local hardware thermal control (LHTC)
- DRAM thermal protection
- AMD FCH A50M/A60M/A55T/A70M/A68M, codename "Hudson-M1/M2/M2T/M3/M3L"
- AMD FCH A76M, codename "Bolton-M3"
Processors using Socket FS1r2
- AMD A-Series 4000 Mobile APU
- AMD A-Series 5000 Mobile APU
- AMD Embedded R-Series APU
|List of all Socket FS1r2-based Processors|
Approximate dimensions of the Trinity & Richland package, Part No. 31018, for quad-core processor models and dual-core models which use a quad-core chip with two disabled cores. All dimensions in millimeters.
Approximate dimensions of the Trinity & Richland package, Part No. 31241, for dual-core processor models. All dimensions in millimeters.
See Socket FS1.
- "Family 15h Models 10h - 1Fh AMD A-Series Mobile Accelerated Processor Product Data Sheet", AMD Publ. #50909, Rev. 3.03, November 29, 2012
- "Family 15h Models 10h - 1Fh AMD Embedded R-Series Accelerated Processor Product Data Sheet", AMD Publ. #51309, Rev. 3.01, November 28, 2012
- "Revision Guide for AMD Family 15h Models 10h-1Fh Processors", AMD Publ. #48931, Rev. 3.10, May 2013
- "Product Brief: AMD Embedded R-Series Platform", AMD Publ. #51954, Rev. C, 2013