|Unix Time||978307200 - 1009843199|
- March 20: Qualcomm announces the MSM6xxx family of system on chips with 2G and 3G support
- May 14: AMD announces the Athlon 4 family of high-performance mobile microprocessors
- June 4-8: Computex Taipei 2001 tradeshow
- October 9: AMD announces the Athlon XP family of high-performance processors, a successor to Athlon
- September 3: HP announced they would merge with Compaq in a $25 billion merger
- October 15: Microprocessor Forum at San Jose, CA
- AMD discloses their upcoming microarchitecture K8 "Hammer".
- December 3: AMD announced the world's fastest CMOS transistor at the time, a prototype CMOS transistor with a 15-nanometer gate length and an 0.8 operating voltage with a switching speed of 300 fs (0.3 ps).
- Unknown: Rapport was founded, a fabless semiconductor company that focused massively parallel chips.
Retrieved from "https://en.wikichip.org/w/index.php?title=2001&oldid=68554"