|Unix Time||1072915200 - 1104537599|
- May 7: Intel acknowledges they've reached a "thermal wall" on their microprocessors; new emphasis on multi-core.
- May 7: Intel cancels Enhanced NetBurst (Tejas and Jayhawk cores).
- May 24: AMD announces the Geode NX family of performance embedded processors based on the Thoroughbred core
- July 15: Embedded C first technical report (ISO/IEC TR 18037:2004) is published.
- July 28: AMD introduces the Sempron family.
- September 13: Cavium announces their first completely in-home designed cnMIPS microarchitecture. A first implementation of the MIPS64 Revision 2 ISA.
- September 13: Cavium announces the OCTEON family of multi-core network processors.
Retrieved from "https://en.wikichip.org/w/index.php?title=2004&oldid=68562"