From WikiChip
Mie Fujitsu Semiconductor (MIFS)

Type Private
Founded December 1, 2014
Founder Fujitsu
Headquarters Yokohama, Janagawa, Japan

Mie Fujitsu Semiconductor (MIFS) is a Japanese pure-play foundry, wholly-owned subsidiary of UMC.


Originally spun-off from Fujitsu as an independent wholly-owned subsidiary, MIFS entered into a partnership with UMC which allowed Fujitsu to upgrade the fab to a 40 nm process for 15.9% stake. In late 2018, UMC announced that they have acquired the remaining 84.1% stake in MIFS, making it wholly-owned by UMC.


Fab B1Fab B2
Size38,000 m²80,000 m²
Wafer size300 mm
Process Technology90 nm, 65 nm/55 nm, 40 nm
Production Capacity35,000-40,000 WPM
CertificationISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO/TS16949
Major FeaturesEarthquake-proof construction, LNG GAS Satellite Base, NAS Batteries Installation
company typeprivate +
foundedDecember 1, 2014 +
founderFujitsu +
full page namemifs +
headquartersYokohama, Janagawa, Japan +
instance ofsemiconductor company +
nameMIFS +