- <level> - The corresponding access levels for the event to trigger.
- <matchtext> - The corresponding matchtext for the event to trigger.
- <*><?><#[,#]> - The place, or places where the event listens, you can specify specific name of window, seperate them by comma.
- * - Any query/channel window
- ? - Any query windows
- # - Any channel window
- <commands> - The commands to be performed when the event triggers
Listens for if anyone uses the word slap anywhere in an action inside of any channel
The above code listens for the action event, looks for if the user used the word slap in any channel, and then responds accordingly.
Note: The wildcard search, with a space between them and the word, means this event will not trigger if any other characters are touching the word slap. This includes words such as: slaps, slapper, myslap, etc.
Listen for any action inside of a private message and responds
ON *:ACTION:*:?:msg $nick Well, I have no idea why I'm responding to this automatically, $nick $+ . You said: $1-
This code will listen for any action event in a private message, and respond with a silly message.
Added: mIRC v3.5
Added on: 07 Aug 1995
Note: Unless otherwise stated, this was the date of original functionality.
Further enhancements may have been made in later versions.