$regml Identifier - mIRC
Commands & Identifiers
$regml returns the Nth backreference from a regex match.
If you use the /g modifier with an expression containing two backreferences and there are three matches, $regml(0) will return 6, it's a list of all backref accross all matches.
$regml([name], N, [&binvar])
- name - The optional name given to the regex match
- N - The Nth backreference, if N is 0, returns the total number of backreference/capturing group
- &binvar - If you pass a binvar as the last parameter, the result is copied to that binvar and $regml() returns the length of the capture
- .pos - returns the starting position of the backrefence
- .bytepos - returns the UTF-8 byte positions matched within a string.
- .group - returns the () group number for a match
- .match - returns the match number in the case of a /g global match that returns multiple matches.
Added: mIRC v5.9
Added on: 26 Apr 2001
Note: Unless otherwise stated, this was the date of original functionality.
Further enhancements may have been made in later versions.